Stil not convinced?
Below you can find 8 reasons why you should register with MyFamily.
- 36% of pregnant women in Flanders would choose MyFamily
- We are the only payer that you can call every working day until 6pm, Friday until 4pm, and Tuesday even until 8pm
- You are taking the easiest step to your Startbedrag
- You will automatically receive your Groeipakket
- Calculate how much you can receive with our Groeipakket Calculator
- You can sleep on both ears because of the double controle with our Groeipakket Checker
- You will gain insight in the cost and the financial support you will receive for your family using the unique KindKompas.
- Be informed and inspired by our fun blogs and videos
Switching to MyFamily
Do you already receive Groeipakket (child benefit) elsewhere, but would you rather be part of MyFamily? Then request to make your switch here. This way, our family becomes a bit bigger together with yours!
Registering with MyFamily
Become a member of our family and request your Groeipakket (child benefit) from MyFamily…
…if you live in Flanders, but don’t get Groeipakket yet.
…if you move to Flanders.
…if you live abroad and work in Flanders.
Switching to MyFamily: the best choice for you and your family
Your child deserves the best start in life. This works better when you are surrounded by family. That is why at MyFamily, we welcome you and your family with open arms. Our experts ensure that you always get the support you deserve. Switching or registering is therefore a good choice, and here are seven excellent reasons why.
1. 36% of the pregnant women in Flanders would choose MyFamily
We, at MyFamily have researched how many of the families in Flanders would choose for us. The result was a beautiful 36%! We would love to make our family even bigger, because nothing is more fun than a big family you can count on.
2. The only actor who can be reached until 6pm and 8pm
You can call us every working day until 6 pm, Friday until 4 pm. Every Tuesday, except during the school holidays, you can even call us until 8 pm! Since we understand that you can’t always call us earlier. And since we want to be as accessible as possible for you. MyFamily is the only one that you can call until 6 pm or 8 pm.
3. You take the most straightforward path towards your Startbedrag
Does the stork pays you a visit? Then you are entitled to the Startbedrag (birth allowance). Nowhere can you request this more easily than at MyFamily. Your request is complete in the blink of an eye and – around 2 months before the birth – you’ll receive €1.167,33 on your account. Apply for your Startbedrag
4. You automatically receive Groeipakket
Your Groeipakket will appear on your account each month on the 8th. Want to know more? Then our Groeipakket coaches will be happy to help you. Feel free to contact us.
5. Calculate how much you will receive
Curious to know the amount you will receive for your child(ren)? Calculate it in an instant using the Groeipakket Calculator. This information is always handy to know.
6. You can sleep peacefully thanks to the double control
MyFamily ensures that you always receive the amount you are entitled to. Would you like to check it yourself? Then you can check your Groeipakket using MyFamily’s Groeipakket Checker (in Dutch).
7. You get an overview of the cost and benefit of your family
Does a child really cost an arm and a leg? What is the impact of an extra child on your family budget? And which financial assistance is there in return? Calculate this all using MyFamily’s KindKompas (in Dutch). This unique instrument charts your cost over 3 areas: your child, your family and your time use. In addition, you also get aview of the financial assistance you receive for your family.
8. Get information and be inspired
How do you create the most beautiful nursery in the world? Where can you easily make savings on your family budget? As a mum or a dad, you can learn a lot from our blogs and videos (in Dutch).
You live in Flanders, but don't receive Groeipakket yet
It’s simple: because your offspring is resident in Flanders, you will request to receive Groeipakket from MyFamily. You may also be entitled to Groeipakket in the following cases:
- you or your child do not (yet) have a place of residence, but you are Belgian citizens, or you have a valid residence permit;
- you have special status as a refugee, a victim of human trafficking, or an unaccompanied minor;
- you already receive family benefit from abroad or from an international organisation on the basis of your job;
- you are a cross-border worker.
A golden piece of advice: speed up your request so that you quickly get the support you are entitled to. Click on the button below. Our Groeipakket coaches will get straight to work for you.
You are moving to Flanders
First of all, get to know your new neighbours. Believe us: the Flemish are hospitable people and are happy to welcome you.
The same goes for MyFamily, and is just as heartfelt. One golden piece of advice: register with us as soon as you have your official new address or a valid residence permit.
You live abroad and work in Flanders
Then you may be entitled to Groeipakket for your child(ren). This is also the case when your partner or spouse works in Flanders.
It doesn’t matter which status you have: employee, civil servant or self-employed. Are you retired, unemployed or sick? Then you can also receive your Groeipakket, and you are welcome at MyFamily.
Will you receive a complete or supplementary Groeipakket?
Because we are part of Europe, European rules apply. ccording to these rules, the country of employment always outweighs the country of residence. This means that you are entitled to:
- a complete Groeipakket if you work in Flanders and your child lives abroad;
- a supplementary Groeipakket if you work in Flanders and the other parent works abroad where your child lives.
Example: Marie is 6 years old and lives in the Netherlands. Her mum works in the Netherlands and her dad earns his living in Flanders. In this case, the Netherlands have priority for paying the family benefit. Is the amount that they receive in the Netherlands lower than the amount they are entitled to in Flanders? Then Flanders will add a supplementary Groeipakket to it.
Civil servant? Register with MyFamily!
Freedom, happiness – you can also enjoy these as a civil servant. You are not obliged to register with the government’s payment institution. On the contrary, by registering with MyFamily, you can reap benefits that you won’t enjoy anywhere else. You can namely call us every working day until 6 pm, Friday until 4 pm. Every Tuesday, except during the school holidays, you can even call us until 8 pm!
Whether you are a teacher or a fire fighter, a police officer or a CPAS/OCMW employee, contractual or statutory: we welcome you with open arms.