What Growth Package will you receive?
The ‘Groeipakket’ is not calculated in the same way as the child benefit. The amount will be different for every parent and every child.
If you were already receiving child benefit before 1 January 2019,
you will continue to receive the same amount for your child(ren). There is no need to submit a separate application.
If you want to know how much you will receive from 2019, use our Child Benefit Calculator to see how much child benefit you can receive in the current system. It will also show you what the new amount for your children born before the end of 2018 will be in 2019.
What does the Growth Package consist of?
- The basic amount: a fixed amount that appears in your account each month, € 163,20. More information about the basic amount.
- The school bonus: an amount you receive in August to help you pay for school costs. This amount evolves with the age of your child.
- 0-4 years old: € 20,40
- 5-11 years old: € 35,70
- 12-17 years old: € 51,00
- 18-24 years old: € 61,20
- Possible supplements, for extra support:
- a care supplement for orphans, foster children and children with specific support needs. (between € 82,37 and € 549,12, depending on the number of points allocated by the evaluating doctor of ‘Kind & Gezin‘)
- A social supplement for children from lower-income families. (between € 51 and € 81,60 per child, depending on the family income, the number of children, the date of birth of your children)
- A participation supplement for children receiving childcare or education.
For a convenient overview of all amounts, take a look at our free ‘Groeipakket’ tree.
When will you receive the money?
The ‘Groeipakket’ money you receive covers the previous month and arrives in your account on the 8th of the month at the latest. For example: the amount for January 2019 will arrive in your account on 8 February 2019 at the latest.
You will receive some extra money in August. That is the annual school allowance.